[delphizip] Re: Storing DLLs as resource

  • From: James Turner <james.d.h.turner@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: delphizip@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 22 Apr 2003 11:19:33 +0000

UPX is tighter and faster (when decompressing). All that is needed is to
compress the DLLs with UPX and then embed them as resources (a sneaky idea that
I may use in my own code!!)

My program Maverick is distributed with compressed Zip and Unzip DLLs. Version
1.6p reduces to ~120 KB.

There is a downside with using UPX if the DLLs are used simultaneously by
multiple apps (or instances of apps) but I don't think that would be an issue
for many people.

James Turner