[delphizip] Re: Problems zipping big files

  • From: Ulrich Bosch <ubosch@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: delphizip@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 28 Nov 2003 08:05:08 +0100

Hi Roger,

Roger Aelbrecht wrote:

>I am practivally sure that this message is not coming from the DLL
>but because iut happens wehn the dll is active it is reported as being
>from the dll.
>
>Are you using any event handlers in your application?
>Then can you make them inactive as a test.
>
>It happened in the past that people were using e.g. a TMemo
>to send all messqges from Zipmaster and got an overflow there and this
>was reported as being originated in the DLL.

Thank you very much for your answer, but I don't compress a large number
of files, I only tried to compress one file with a filesize up to 430 MB!

But your answer was absolutly correct! For the display of the
progressbar I used an integer var to calculate the position of the
progress bar! Here I got the integer overflow. Using Int64 vars the
system works fine!

Thank you very much again!

Regards

Uli