[delphizip] Re: Problems installing version 1.70.

  • From: "Engler, Eric" <Eric.Engler@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <delphizip@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 7 May 2003 13:34:54 -0400

>The sourcecode is ugly formatted. Why don't follow borland or jedi
>coding style guides and use a sourcecode formater like DelFoxExp or
>JediCodeFormat?

I use DelForExp at work and I like it a lot.

It isn't hard to run a formatter on the source code yourself.
Everyone likes different formatting options, so it's hard to please
everyone.

I ran a formatter on the DLL source code some time back, but I=20
couldn't get a universal agreement on the Delphi formatting options.

Delphi Zip is a "loosely managed" project. The people who do the most=20
work on it can make their own decisions about formatting and naming
conventions.

I like the work being done by the Jedi group, but this is a different
model. I like to encourage volunteers to help with this project, and
I don't like the idea of imposing rules on volunteers.

Eric