[delphizip] Re: Problem or limit of Delphi Zip component

  • From: LYCJ <lycj@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: delphizip@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 3 Mar 2002 08:52:00 -0800 (PST)

Greetings

 I heard one of my user told me that it doesnt work to archive with that size,
too. Is the 4gb limit of zip file limit apply on the zip file size or the
uncompressed size? Pkware released some specification of the next zip format
(which support > 4gb), will delphi zip support this?

Thanks a lot!
Regards
Joseph Leung
  Robbiati Luigi <lrobbiati@xxxxxxx> wrote: Hi,
I make any tests with this very good component and don't found
problem except a test with a very big file to compress.

1) The file to compress is about ~ 1.6Gb. (1.600.000.000 Bytes)
2) I used for the test the program DEMO1 for Cbuilder (the Cbuider
version used is 5.0 + service pack 1)
but the same result I achieved with the freeware program QuickZip
(ver 2.15)
3) for this test libraries version (ZIlDLL.dll and UnzipDll.dll) is
1.60.

4) Both the program ( DEMO1 and QuickZip) build the compress file but
both, put a message "Invalid Zip file".

Question: There are any limitations on file size to compress?
Possible Bug?

Thanks on advanced for any kind of answer

Luigi Robbiati

Yahoo! Sports - Sign up for Fantasy Baseball