[delphizip] Re: Delphi zip Span options

  • From: "Roger Aelbrecht" <Aelbrecr@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <delphizip@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 4 Aug 2004 19:36:45 +0200

Lars Porte wrote:
> Hello to all,
>
> Does anybody know how to span an existing zipfile with delpizip
> For example if i have a 2 mb zipfile and i want to split it in two =
> pieces
> each 1 mb i there a quick way to do this?
>
> Thanks for the support
>
> Lars
>
> PS: the updated files on =
> http://www.geocities.com/rjpeters_au/zipmaster.html
> (21 June, 2004) are missing some values
>     after installing the update got the following messages:
>
>  zip1.spanoptions does not exists (ignore, cancel etc)
>  Zip1.confirmerase does not exists (ignore, cancel etc)
>  Zip.keepfreeondisk1 does not exists (ignore, cancel etc)
>  Zip1.keepfreeonalldisk does not exists (ignore, cancel etc)
>
> Maybe forgotten to implement in the new update -:)

Hi Lars to answer your first question

You need to use the WriteSpan function
ZipMaster.WriteSpan(InFileName, OutFileName)
were InFileName is the name of the already existing archive
OutFileName the name and path of the splitted files
Use a full path name for OutFileName
If you use this on an hard disk a sequence number will be added to the
filename
example
OutfileName = C:\test\splitfile.zip
then the filenames on C:\test will be
splitfile001.zip and splitfile002.zip

You need to enter the required length of the files in the
MaxVolumeSize property and expressed in bytes
example
ZipMaster.MaxVolumeSize := 1457664; // for 1.44 MB

You second question
I think you have installed /compiled the package with
the compiler directive NO_SPAN on in that case the above
properties are not available , nor does WriteSpan and ReadSpan
functions
Check the ZipConfig.inc file that the line
//{$DEFINE NO_SPAN}
is still in comment
And check your project setting that NO_SPAN is not defined in
another part of the project.
I don't have Delphi so I don't know were to look

HTH

Roger Aelbrecht
http://home.tiscali.be/driehoeksw