[delphizip] Re: Dateless Files

  • From: Allan Fernandes <allan_fernandes@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: rpeters@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, delphizip@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 11 May 2011 07:40:41 +0100 (BST)

Thanks a Ton, that works fine.
Allan Fernandes

--- On Sun, 8/5/11, R Peters <rpeters@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

From: R Peters <rpeters@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: Dateless Files
To: "Allan Fernandes" <allan_fernandes@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sunday, 8 May, 2011, 2:01

I think the dll should fix that problem but please let me know.
As usual the updated dll is available at
http://www.delphizip.org/zipmaster-190/dll

I have made the dll use the DOS date 1980-1-1 for any file with an invalid date
- this is the earliest valid DOS date.
I am not sure why the file ended up with the NTFS date of 1971 but suspect that
is the earliest valid NTFS date though why they would have made it earlier than
the DOS dates which preceded it is any ones guess.

Russell Peters

On Fri, May 6, 2011 at 7:24 PM, R Peters <rpeters@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

I forgot my email does not allow .zip attachments, that is easily bypassed by
renaming the ext to something safe eg: .zzz

I got the file and as I assumed it was the different timezone that made me not
recognize the time that you gave.

I think I know how to bypass the problem but how long it takes to fix depends
upon how many standard C functions I need to replace.
Russell Peters

On Fri, May 6, 2011 at 7:05 PM, Allan Fernandes <allan_fernandes@xxxxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

Hi Russell,

You seem to have put up some strong firewall or something. Even YouSendIt.com
cannot send an email to your ID.If you are comfortable you may go
to http://www.indiatimes.com/ and login to

user: ssdownloads@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx: abcd

and find the attachment.
RegardsAllan