[delphizip] Re: DLL-Dependency and Empty message dialogs on Windows95 (Bugfix)

  • From: Daniel Marschall <uni@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: delphizip@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 22 Sep 2010 07:46:32 +0200

Hello and thank you for your reply.

On Wed, 22 Sep 2010 15:39:46 +1000, R Peters <rpeters@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> The first problem is produced by the compiler itself and I don't have a
> clue
> if it is possible to convince it not to require it, it will be in the c0x
> code somewhere so maybe I could hack that - it is so long since I played
> around with that code so I will have to try to remember.

I just have read that too. The solution would be to use a compiler before
VC2005. Like VC6 or VC2003 for compatibility.

There is also a post (for a different software) here:
http://www.mail-archive.com/scintilla-interest@xxxxxxxx/msg02780.html . But I
don't understand what they talk about NewAPI.h (I am not a C-guy ;-) )

> There are likely to be other compatibility problems problems in the
> component itself which will show up during operation depending upon just
> what functions are used but the ones you point out could be conditionally
> included.

Maybe, maybe not. At the moment everything except the DLL seems to work.

> Which Delphi version do you use? (I would assume the earlier the better).

On my Win95 machine I used Delphi 6 Personal. Your source code is very good
downgrade compatible. :-)

> A big problem for me is being able to test it - I will have to see if I
> can
> find a copy of 95, will D4 run on it?

I can help you with testing on my machine if it helps. I think you have special
tests in your mind, don't you?

> Russell Peters

Regards
Daniel Marschall