[delphizip] Re: Compressing speed

  • From: "Roger Aelbrecht" <Roger.Aelbrecht@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <delphizip@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 8 Oct 2005 15:19:01 +0200

Ivan Nikitin wrote:
> Hello Roger,
>
> Friday, October 7, 2005, 9:09:53 PM, Roger wrote:
>
>> You can always try to "lock" files, but I think it will not improve
>> the speed much.
>
>> All there is left is up to the dll's, and other than re-writing them
>> there is little to be done about there speed ;-)
>
> Don't you know what some archivers (e.g. WinRAR) do to improve
> performance?

No I don't.
But I think they no longer use the dll's, and because they create an
application rather than a component they don't worr about compilers
and cômponent installation etc.. so they can remove a lot of things
that slow down the process.

A lot of time is spend in collecting all the data and generating all the
call-back's to the event handlers.
Some of this is due to the architecture of dll-component-allpication.

--
Roger.Aelbrecht
http://www30.websamba.com/driehoeksw