[Debatewise RRT] terrorism and other debates

  • From: Alexander Helling <ahelling@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: debatewiserrt@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 13 Mar 2012 18:11:30 +0000

Hello RRT,

                   Nadia mentioned moderation on the forums in response to
last weeks RRT email. Yes at the moment posts are put in a moderation que,
I imagine this will continue though I am not certain. Either way I do
intend to recruit some moderators (probably mostly people who will also be
editors on the debatabase although there is no reason why the two have to
be linked). This will be necessary because I cant always be checking the
moderation que - most obviously due to the need to sleep! However while in
preview with few visitors it is not a big problem. However before I begin
asking for moderators I need to come up with things like moderation
guidelines, so yes you will get a chance but not for a week or two.

Alex

Debates: See forum
<http://debatewise.info/forum/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=119>and task
list <http://debatewise.info/index.php/tasks/one-hour-tasks>

Should developing countries aspire to become westernised consumer societies?

The Obama administration is justified in assassinating U.S. citizens that
may be a threat to national
security?<http://preview.idebate.org/discussions/law-governance-and-constitutions/obama-administration-justified-assassinating-us-citizen>

Guantanamo Bay prison should be closed down
immediately.<http://preview.idebate.org/discussions/law-governance-and-constitutions/guantanamo-bay-prison-should-be-closed-down-immediately>

Privatise the
police.<http://preview.idebate.org/discussions/social-policy/privatise-police>

Can Super-Mario save Italy?

*Non debate things:*

Same as last week: adding to the idebate
forum<http://preview.idebate.org/discussion>(which can of course be
combined with working on one of the above topics as
several of them are on the forum) and checking for bugs on
preview.idebate.org.

--
*Alex Helling
*

The International Debate Education Association (IDEA) UK
96a Curtain Road, London, EC2A 3AA | 020 3393 7223 | info@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Registered charity in England and Wales.  Registered number: 1139452