[Debatewise RRT] Re: debatewiserrt Digest V2 #40

  • From: nadia siddiqi <nadshi@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: debatewiserrt@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 31 Mar 2010 12:45:37 +0500

I'll take
Should late suspensions of MPs after Iraq's elections be allowed to affect
the outcome?

Iraq's elections have finally ended with a small victory for Iyad Allawi's
al-Iraqiya party that is secularist and drew a lot of support from Sunnis
although Allawi is a Shia. However his coalition is fragile and Prime
Minister Nouri al Maliki is doing his best to stop him from getting first
chance to form a coalition.  The Justice and Accountability Committee has
recommended four of Allawi's candidates be disqualified which would destroy
his two seat advantage.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/middle-east/links-to-barsquoathists-
could-end-allawirsquos-hopes-of-seizing-power-1930673.html<http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/middle-east/links-to-barsquoathists-could-end-allawirsquos-hopes-of-seizing-power-1930673.html>

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2010/03/29/AR2010032902
905.html<http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2010/03/29/AR2010032902905.html>

http://www.tnr.com/article/politics/the-fun-has-just-begun

--
Work done with anxiety about results is far inferior to work done without
such anxiety, in the calm of self-surrender. Seek refuge in the knowledge of