[Debatewise RRT] Re: Using Google Wave to debate the Copenhagen climate change conference

  • From: Michael Archer <mikearcher87@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "debatewiserrt@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <debatewiserrt@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 6 Nov 2009 15:37:08 +0000 (GMT)

How much time will we need to dedicate during the period, roughly?

Mike

Sent from my iPhone

On 6 Nov 2009, at 15:11, David Crane <dc@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Hi,

As those who got the newsletter will know, we are running a big
initiative around the COP15 event.  We’re forming a panel of 1,000
young people from 100 different countries and will ask them to debate
events that happen during and after the conference itself.  The idea
is to provide a sense of what young people around the world think of
the decisions made there.

This project has really taken off and there are two developments I’d
like to tell you about.  The first is that The Independent will be
partnering with us, covering the debates, trying to get leading
climate change experts to provide commentary and hopefully getting
opinion pieces as a result.

Secondly, Google have given us 1,000 invites for their game-changing
new technology Google Wave.  Wave takes online collaboration to a
whole new level; we’ll run all the debates in Wave and will publish
them to Debatewise for others to read.

This is a very big deal, and not only because invites for Wave were
being sold on eBay for £100 each.  But also because we’re providing
Google with one of the first real-world, large-scale, focussed
demonstrations of the collaboration benefits Wave provides.

I’m telling you this partly because being on the Rapid Response team
means you get to hear this kind of stuff first. Secondly to ask if you
want to be involved.

We’re looking for people to help moderate the debates in Wave.  You’ll
need to have quite a lot of spare time between 7th – 18th December,
will be interested in the environment and will be willing to help
steer people in the right direction.  You’ll obviously get a Wave
invite and lots of good karma to boot.

Questions, enquiries, applications by email or phone.

Dave

--
www.debatewise.com
020 3393 7223 | 07956 292 567