[Debatewise RRT] Debates on the US (and a couple closer to home)

  • From: Alexander Helling <ahelling@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: debatewiserrt@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 18 Oct 2011 18:51:07 +0100

Good evening RRT,

                                 Nothing to announce!

Alex

Debates: See forum
<http://debatewise.info/forum/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=100>and task
list <http://debatewise.info/index.php/tasks/one-hour-tasks>

London needs a new airport.

Can ‘modern art’ be called art?

Motion:

*This House would withhold all funding and subsidies currently donated to
the Cherokee Nation by the United States government until it reinstates the
citizenship of all denaturalised Cherokee Freedmen.*

Motions:

*THW abolish income tax*

*THW introduce a flat-rate sales tax*

*THB that taxation is slavery*

<http://www.businessweek.com/news/2011-10-14/cain-adviser-says-9-9-9-plan-didn-t-take-an-economist-to-create.html>
There have been numerous debates added to debatewise over the last few days,
as yet most of them have virtually no content so I though I would add one
here to see if you wish to add anything:
Is the US electoral system fit for purpose?
<http://debatewise.org/debates/3702-is-the-us-electoral-system-fit-for-purpose>

--
*Alex Helling
*

The International Debate Education Association (IDEA) UK
96a Curtain Road, London, EC2A 3AA | 020 3393 7223 | info@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Registered charity in England and Wales.  Registered number: 1139452