[Debatewise RRT] Christmas Debates

  • From: Alexander Helling <ahelling@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: debatewiserrt@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 20 Dec 2011 19:10:19 +0000

Merry Christmas,

                               Some Christmas debates today to get you in
the festive spirit for the weekend! Oddly no debates on North Korea - I
guess we all expected someone else to write the intro to one and as a
result no one did! I will send one out in next weeks RRT debates for if
anyone is looking for one. Also as we have a bank holiday next Tuesday it
is possible that the RRT may be delayed (depends what I am doing) so it may
or may not be on the right day or usual time!

Wishing you a merry Christmas from everyone at Debatewise and IDEA,
Alex

Debates: See forum
<http://debatewise.info/forum/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=109>and task
list <http://debatewise.info/index.php/tasks/one-hour-tasks>

A couple of years ago when we were running the Global Youth Panel (after
the copenhagen climate conference) I started a debate on a concept called
‘charter cities’. I am interested to see that the concept has been taken up
by Honduras so thought I would run the debate again. As it is a GYP debate
you will need to create a new debate (not sure if the GYP software still
reverts everything created to GYP debates on debatewise). Feel free to
reuse the original points
Charter cities: a good idea or neo imperialism?

Give Charitable donations for Christmas.

Should we still send physical Christmas cards?

Quotas in universities?

Motions:
THB that the United States should award citizenship rights to all illegal
immigrants currently within its borders.
THB that only the federal government of the United States has the right to
enforce US immigration laws.

--
*Alex Helling
*

The International Debate Education Association (IDEA) UK
96a Curtain Road, London, EC2A 3AA | 020 3393 7223 | info@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Registered charity in England and Wales.  Registered number: 1139452