[ddots-l] Re: successful installation of sonar 4.04

  • From: <fioresq1@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <ddots-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 9 May 2006 22:34:17 -0400

Jean: As you suggested last time I had a problem and solved it, informing
list members of the solution.  I think it might be informative for list
members to be aware of the following: I was experiencing crackling when
recording in sonar 4, I upgraded to 4.04 and upgraded jaws to 6.2, the
problem continued.  I then realized that although I have been recording on a
different drive than the drive containing my operating system, when sonar
creates a cwp file it creates a wav file on the harddrive.  I am not talking
about mixing down now, but simplay the fact that every time sonar saves a
cwp file it accesses a wav file in the audio folder.  So I moved , in the
audio options, to the audio data tab, and set the default to store the wav
files to the d drive.  It works great now.  Thanks for all your help.  John
p.s.  Probably stupid that I didn't think about this before.