[ddots-l] Re: sound card

  • From: "Bob Reid Info" <info@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <ddots-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 12 Feb 2011 09:11:31 -0500

Hi Chris. Yes, it's through ADP somewhat although they could only give me a consumer grade sound card for Jaws. For non Canadian members, ADP is a government subsidy program that funds assistive devices for so-called disabled people every 5 years or so. We blind people use it to upgrade our computers when they let us.

I looked at some Focusrite cards and they are certainly more expensive then the M-audio stuff. Good cards for musicians seem to start at $500 but like Phil here says, you get what you pay for. I will look in to MRE later.
Bob.
----- Original Message ----- From: "Chris Smart" <chris_s@xxxxxxxxxxxx>