[ddots-l] Re: off topic: laptop hard drive needed. any size. and copy of hal or supernova 6.5

  • From: "W. Nick Dotson" <nickdotson@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "ddots-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <ddots-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 23 Mar 2006 11:00:58 -0600

When I referred to XP I meant you don't have to pay extra for access to xp pro.

Nick
--Original Message Text---
From: W. Nick Dotson
Date: Thu, 23 Mar 2006 10:55:00 -0600

HAL is Dolphin Systems speech output screen reader. Luna is their Low Vision
Screen Enhancement software, and
SuperNova combines the two. SuperNova can be either driven with speech or the
low vision software commands in
front, use the shift commands for the other navigational commands. Their prices
is equivalent to a Home version of JFW,
but you don't have to pay a penalty for using XP or 2000, you get both for that
price in a tightly integrated package, and,
it doesn't reformat the screen thereby complicating working with sighted
colleagues. And, when you have it loaded on a
network server, you can use "push" technology to enable any workstation you log
onto a system with to become an
Adaptive WorkStation. And it'll handle stuff outa the box to the degree to let
you get at least up and running with it...

Nick

--Original Message Text---
From: Ilkster
Date: Thu, 23 Mar 2006 11:42:27 -0500

what exactly are Hal and SuperNova. Yes, I saw the movie, but I don't think
that's what you're refering to.