[ddots-l] new free audio dvd-v tool!

  • From: Chris Smart <chris_s@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: midimag@xxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 12 Jul 2006 21:19:31 -0400

This might be something to try out, for those of us who want to archive our recordings in high-resolution audio, but not in the more restrictive dvd-audio format only playable on dvd-a players, not to mention those of us who want to extract audio from video dvd's. What follows is a posting from www.dimeadozen.com about the project.
Chris

#1202924 by aval57 at 2006-07-12 21:54:54 GMT

Brand New Audio DVD Software - Beta  testers wanted!

Folks, I've just released Lplex 0.1 Beta, a simple drag-and-drop free open-source win32 utility which will author these flac files into a full-resolution
"audio-only" dvd-video disc playable on any standard dvd player, and would greatly appreciate anyone willing to give it a go.

  Get it at
http://sourceforge.net/projects/audioplex/

The purpose of Lplex is to provide a free, quick, and hopefully
  painless way to

  -  create a playable full-resolution audio-only dvd-video disc from
     wave or flac audio filesets, with md5 verification and archival
     content.

  -  extract unencrypted lpcm audio streams from dvd-video to wave or
     flac in an md5-verified process.