[ddots-l] Re: midi controllers

  • From: "Kevin Gibbs" <kevjazz@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <ddots-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 31 Dec 2009 11:45:31 -0600

Bill,
        Let us know how you get on with GPO4.
K.

-----Original Message-----
From: ddots-l-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:ddots-l-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx] On
Behalf Of Dancing Dots
Sent: Thursday, December 31, 2009 11:28 AM
To: ddots-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [ddots-l] Re: midi controllers

Dear Neville,

Consider the M-Audio ProKeys 88.  It's a weighted 88 key controller in your
price range.

Here's a blurb:

The ProKeys 88 is the premium digital stage piano that doubles as a great
MIDI controller. ProKeys 88 gives you a lot more sound bank memory than even
the closest competitor, loaded with larger, more realistic samples-14
world-class instruments in all, including split/layer capabilities. M-Audio
paired those great sounds with an 88-key hammer-action keyboard, delivering
a realistic feel to satisfy the most demanding pro. The ProKeys 88 is also a
great master controller keyboard, including a built-in USB MIDI interface
for easy direct connection to your PC or Mac, MIDI In and Out jacks to
communicate with other MIDI gear, pitch and modulation wheels, sequencer
controls and more. ProKeys 88 pulls out all the stops in creating the
ultimate playing experience in an affordable digital stage piano.

.Ultra-Realistic Piano Sounds

.More Than a Stage Piano - 14 Sounds in All

.Great-feeling 88-key Hammer Action

.Easy Setup of Splits and Layers

.Control Your DAW and Soft Synths

.Built-in Effects

.Sustain, Sostenuto, and Expression Pedal Inputs

.Headphones and Pro Audio Outputs

It does have lots of programmable controls, but we do not have one here at
Dancing Dots and so we cannot give you specifics on how to program those
controls.  I also don't know if Garritan can be remotely controlled at all.
Anyone here have any experience with that?  I have just received my update
to GPO 4 and need to install it and check it out.

If you decide to order this ProKeys 88, we would be pleased to sell it to
you.  We can generally match any online price.  610-783-6692  Option 1 for
Sales

Happy new year!
Bill

Bill McCann
Founder and President of Dancing Dots since 1992 www.DancingDots.com
Tel: [001] 610-783-6692  Option 1 for Sales