[ddots-l] best laptop for around $650?

  • From: "Cameron" <cameron@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <ddots-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 26 Jul 2006 17:22:01 -0400

Hi.  I'm getting a main music machine soon, a desktop.  But I want to get a
laptop for everything else that I won't be doing on the music beast.  Also,
I might use it just to record gigs with the Alesis firewire 16.  but then
I'd dump the session onto my desktop to edit and mix etc.

So, what do you guys recommend?  I want to get something durable, like the
HPs that have the metal hinges for example.  What brand should I go for?
Keep in mind this will be used for light music work once and a while but it
won't be my everyday music machine.

It'll mostly be for Microsoft office, watching dvds, aim, internet, etc.

My budget is around $650, maybe a little higher at a push.

Thanks,

Cameron.