[ddots-l] Wow! My compliments to you....

  • From: "John Esak" <john@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <ddots-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 27 Feb 2005 01:24:15 -0500

Hi Gordon,

Haven't talked with you in a great while sorry to say.  However, yesterday I
downloaded the duet you did with Jan Gable of "We've Got Tonight". Wow! You
have one of the best voices I've ever heard. Just fantastic. I am in awe...
You come to my house, spend all that quality time with me, teach a simpleton
like me the very basics of Sonar, and while you're doing this never once
mention what a great talent you are. I know you play some horns and you can
rip up a piano pretty good, but sheesh, I had no idea how good you sing. You
should be selling albums, period. Just tell me where to buy them.

I wish you great success, if you ever do choose to pursue the performance
area of your talent rather than the your recording engineer side, you
certainly deserve it. Man, I could listen to that clip a hundred more times,
and will.  Jan seemed a little nervous, not at her best which is
regrettable, because I have  heard her voice also when it was nothing short
of spectacular, too, but none the less, but you pull the whole thing into a
soaring level that can't be picked apart for any reason. Just wanted to let
you know how much I enjoyed it, and that I've sent it to many friends who
also think it was great. I'll post the link here so this list can see what I
am talking (raving) about.  Here it is. It's called the Kay Lynwood "We've
Got Tonight" mix:

www.audio-tips.com/performances/Kay_Lynnweve_got_tonight_mix.mp3

Hope all of you sonar and ddots folks enjoy this as much as I did and don't
feel it is an intrusion into the normal course of conversation here to show
off some of the great work people who frequent this list create... I haven't
marked this note OT: because I think it is directly right on target. I hope
you do, too. Thanks, Gordon... (and thanks to George Buys at
www.talkingcommunities.com for turning me on to this performance. I would
have missed it otherwise.

Take care Gordon, let's stay more in touch.

John Esak