[ddots-l] Re: Where to send debug reports for failing CT 5.2 functions

  • From: "William R. McCann" <BillList1@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <ddots-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 13 Nov 2006 13:21:48 -0500

Hi, Jean,

Thank you for your report.  David Pinto has updated CakeTalking 5.2 in
response.  See
www.DancingDots.com/ct/5.2/
 to download the latest update.  After you install it, don't forget to run
the CONTROL+F12 configuration tests.  INSERT+Q should tell you that you're
running
CakeTalking 5.2.9 after successful installation.  Please do let me know if
this update addresses the problems you've been having.

If anyone wants to send a debug report that contains a screen shot, please
copy it to albert@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx as he can actually see it.  But do
continue to send all requests for support to support@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx as
usual.  Believe me, we're listening even if you don't hear from us right
away.

 Here's an excerpt from a recent note David Pinto posted to the CakeTalking
Beta Testers.

 I've fixed three bugs that have come to my attention. The fixes are in CT

5.2.9, which is now available for download. The bugs are the following.

 1. When opening a real time effects dialog, CT was telling you to press F4

to access the SFZ options dialog. Oops! Sorry about that. I fixed it.

2. With keyboard help on, When pressing control extended up arrow, or

control extended down arrow, CT wasn't reporting what those keys do. I Fixed

it.

3. In the Inspector, on the Send pan and Send level controls,

CT was sometimes not discriminating between the Send's knob and the Send's

edit control.

It was calling both of those controls knobs. I Fixed it.

 Now, Phil has also alerted me to discussions on the MIDI mag about CT.

Especially posts by Chi Kim. Here's my response to the issues that were

brought up.

 1. When moving to the E Q enable/disable button or the band control that's

adjacent to it, CT Sometimes doesn't say anything. But this is not a CT bug.

Sonar sometimes doesn't provide the information in the accessibility string.

However, if you press ENTER on the enable/disable button, then move off of

it and back to it, then SONAR starts providing the information and CT can

report the control and its state.

2. In the Lexicon Pantheon dialog, CT provides the letter P to take you to

the preset box. Someone reported that they couldn't get to the preset box

without the JAWS cursor. They were trying to tab to it. However, because of

an odd behaviour of the Pantheon dialog, tabbing to the preset box is

problematical. What happens

is that when tabbing from the last control, or shift tabbing from the first

control, an about dialog box will keep popping up. This happens when you

shift tab from the reverb type knob. Or you tab from the bass frequency
knob.

So, pressing the letter P, is the reliable way of getting to the presets

list in the Pantheon dialog.

3. Chi reported sluggishness with CT in large audio projects, especially

when changing values on inspector controls. I can only duplicate this when

the continuous audio meters are displayed. Does anyone else

have sluggish response changing values in the Inspector?

4. Chi reported that in projects with large number of audio tracks, using

the skip to track hotkeys was sluggish. I can not duplicate this. The new

skip to track hotkey scheme is faster than the past CT scheme. For instance,

On my systems, in a project with 50 audio tracks loaded with audio data, if

I'm on say track 2, and I hold control and type 49, when I then press

ENTER, it takes one second or less to move to track 49. Does anyone else

have a sluggish response when skipping to a track?

5. Someone reported that in the clips pane, pressing CONTROL+ENTER to select

between the From and thru, was selecting from the beginning to the end. I

cannot duplicate this. Has anyone else had that problem?

Bill