[ddots-l] Re: When will the new CT Scripts be released for sonar 8.5.3

  • From: Bryan Smart <bryansmart@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "ddots-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <ddots-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 21 Apr 2010 23:48:09 -0400

There were problems, yes, but we've worked around them. The new Audiosnap 2.0
will continue to be supported in the next version of CT.

Last night, I recorded a small group of people with some strong timing
challenges, normally very hard to edit to make sound good. Further, they
couldn't play to a click, which usually removes all hope of salvaging the
performance through editing. That's not a problem with Audiosnap, though. The
most stable player was the keyboard guy. I manually inserted tempo markers to
match Sonar's tempo up to his performance, set all tracks to follow the
project's tempo with Audiosnap, and then deleted those tempo markers. With only
the one tempo at the beginning left, Audiosnap adjusted the speed of the tracks
with variable amounts of time compression and expansion so that now the entire
song was playing at a constant tempo, regardless of how they changed tempo
during the performance. From there, I could just use quantize on the audio
tracks, with only as much strength as was required to pull each musician in
toward the timing of the keyboard player. Tomorrow, I'll put the vocalist
through my VoiceLive 2 to fix the pitch/vibrato problems, and to automatically
generate vocal double-tracking and background vocals. Technology is amazing.

Fixing problems like this just wouldn't be possible without Audiosnap.

Bryan