[ddots-l] Re: Update on crashes when scrubbing with the Tranzport

  • From: Bryan Smart <bryansmart@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "ddots-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <ddots-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 18 Jun 2010 00:02:59 -0400

All I do to get scrubbing to work better is, in the properties for the Mackie
Control control surface plug in, I set scrubbing resolution to ticks. When it
is set to beats or measures,, like by default, you get that annoying issue
where where turning the scrub wheel makes Sonar coast ahead a bit, then stop.
When set to ticks, it is more like what you'd expect from an analog tape
machine.

You can do this stuff (selecting and working aux sends) from the ProjectMix.
The buttons that select modes for the knobs step through modes, though, and you
have no idea what mode you're in without turning a knob. Tim Burgess's Mackie
Display Reader program will provide speech feedback for what modes and other
functions you select on any Mackie Control type control surface, including the
ProjectMix and the Mackie Control Universal. Should be out soon.

Bryan