[ddots-l] Uninstalling HSC on Vista 64 bit

  • From: <ivanlopez@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: ddots-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 18 Oct 2011 15:48:26 -0700

Howdy list,

I am following the below uninstall instructions of HSC and cannot find
the folder called "Backup of ENU before HotSpotClicker Install".

For the above reason, I cannot successfully uninstall HSC.

I am running JFW 10 Vista on a 64 bit OS.

Many thanks for anyone who can shed light on my dilemma.

Cheers!

Ivan

Option 1, role back your entire jaws configuration
This is the 900 pound sledge hammer approach, and will discard any and
all changes you have made, to all jaws configurations for all
applications since you installed HotSpotClicker. It will restore your
jaws configurations to the settings that were in effect just prior to
the HSC installation.
During part of the next steps, you will be without any custom
application-specific jaws settings. So, do not alt+tab away from this
Windows Explorer window until the final step is complete.
1.      Navigate to the Settings folder by going to the start menu, and
pressing p for programs. type the letter J until you reach your version
of jaws. press rightArrow twice, to reach, explore my settings. Press
enter to open the folder. This is the folder we called "explore my
settings". But, it's actual name will be the 3-letter abbreviation for
your language. Often, this will be "ENU".
2.      Press backspace, to go to the parent folder, which is called
"settings".
3.      Use the arrow keys to locate the enu folder, or equivalent for your
language.
4.      Press f2, which will bring up an edit box containing a highlighted
version of the current name of this folder. Then, being careful not to
inadvertently bump any navigation or edit keys, press control+C to copy
that name to the clipboard.
5.      Now, type a new name for this folder reflecting the folders contents,
then press enter. This will serve as a backup copy of your jaws
configuration files presently in effect, which will thus contain coppies
of any hsc connected configuration files, in case you should need them
again.
6.      Next, locate the folder called "Backup of ENU before HotSpotClicker
Install".
7.      Press f2, then control+v, to replace this name with the name
previously coppied to the clipboard, then press enter.
Your jaws settings are now roled back to the point prior to the hsc
install, HSC is completly disconnected and inactive, and you are ready
to perform the automatic portion of the uninstall process, accessed
through the Windows start menu.

ddots-l-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx?subject�q or