[ddots-l] Re: To loud stage

  • From: "Tim Burgess" <tim@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <ddots-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 4 May 2011 13:02:45 +0100

Good tip - thanks.

Best wishes.

Tim Burgess

Raised Bar Ltd

Phone:  +44 (0)1827 719822

http://www.raisedbar.net/petition.htm

From: ddots-l-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:ddots-l-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx] On
Behalf Of Doug Daniels
Sent: 03 May 2011 22:18
To: ddots-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [ddots-l] Re: To loud stage

In the recording studio, when a singer is singing sharp or flat, I will
shift their own voice to one ear or the other, this gives them the
opportunity to compare their voice to the other instruments. When their
voice is in the middle, and too loud, they don't compare it to the other
instruments. Also, putting reverb on the singers voice when they are
recording, gives them a false since of their voice, and makes them hold back
or sometimes sing flat or sharp. EGO, comes into it with some rock singers,
and they may ask for reverb, but as a good producer, I will do whatever
makes them do their best work. Sometimes, that means no effects on their
voice at all.

  Doug Daniels.