[ddots-l] Re: Tempo assistance

  • From: "Phil Muir" <philmuir1@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <ddots-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 12 Aug 2006 15:56:14 +0100

Well, you could open up one of the files and play it in Sound Forge. Then, start playing a blank project with some measures in it in Sonar. You could then gradually increase the metronome in Sonar. Obviously, you would have to keep stopping and starting the Sonar project. You should be able to work out roughly how fast the first wave file is. You may even be able to get the metronome to sink exactly to the tempo of the wave file. However, if the track you are working with wasn't recorded to a click then, this will never happen. You could then follow the same procedure on the second wave file. You could then use Sonar's time stretch algorithm to make the wave file play faster or, slower. I doubt very much if you will be able to get both wave files running at exactly 135BPM though.

Regards, Phil Muir
P J Muir Productions
Music and audio production

----- Original Message ----- From: "Satauna" <brainfreeze@xxxxxxxxxxxx>