[ddots-l] Re: Sonar and CT question.

  • From: "Dan Rugman" <danrugman@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <ddots-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 27 May 2006 03:07:18 +0100

WARNING! CONTAINS SARCASM

You can turn off all the twiddly **** through the user preferences dialogue (control U). There's a tutorial in the CakeTalking single help docs called (unsurprisingly) "user preferences that talks you through it.

Personally, I switched off all the noises and set jaws feedback to minimum but then I'm a bit paranoid about unnecessary processes. Always a good idea when Jaws, Windows and Sonar start one of their weekly punch-ups over who's going to test my patience the most.

A mac, a mac, my kindom for a mac.

Getting back on topic though, if you fancy a giggle, you can find the wavefiles CT plays, in all their 8 bit, 8KHz splender, in the folder
C:\Program Files\DancingDots\CakeTalking 4.0\ Wave Files

I especially like the error sound - very Telly Tubby

I changed a few of them when I first got CT, but I soon got board of cartoon noises and bodily functions telling me about opening and closing dialogues. I know, I know, I have a strange sense of humour.

Well that was a big one wasn't it!

Message, I mean!
----- Original Message ----- From: "david hindmarch" <david.hindmarch1@xxxxxxxxxxxx>