[ddots-l] Re: Simple Question About Sibelius 3

  • From: "Dave Carlson" <dgcarlson@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <ddots-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 2 May 2006 23:59:45 -0700

Maree,

Only way is to use the Find Staff Items dialog and select "find bar". You'll
need to be sitting at the beginning of that bar where you suspect lies the
offending double bar. Once found, you can change it to a normal bar or just
hit delete and it changes to a normal bar.

I've found that the find bar feature does not always work and I think it's
due to whether the bar is at the beginning of a system. If you run into this
problem try using the layout/format menu to join a few bars together so that
your bar of interest sits in the middle and then try again.

If you want to delete the last bar in a piece you need to add another bar at
the end first.

Check using the plug-in to look for suspect repeats if you are removing
start and end repeat bars.

Dave