[ddots-l] Re: Requesting info about keeping Dancing Dots programs off computer with internet

  • From: "Gordon Kent" <dbmusic@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <ddots-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 16 Mar 2007 12:13:14 -0400

Actually, most articles about optimizing your daw recommend that you turn off automatic updates. Having your system periodically search for updates can cause interuptions in the disk streaming necessary for audio work. Also, having adaware and AV programs running while working with a program like Sonar will take away from available system resources.

Gord
----- Original Message ----- From: "Phil Halton" <philhalt@xxxxxxxxxxx>