[ddots-l] Re: Release of CakeTalking for SONAR 5.2 from Dancing Dots

  • From: "Chi Kim" <ms22282@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <ddots-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 26 Oct 2006 06:48:08 -0400

Hi,

I really like the new ct! It's a lot more stable, and it's very responsive! Best ct so far! I recommend everyone to upgrade!

Here are some bugs I found though.
1. Scrubbing
When I follow the instruction for scrubbing, everything works except selecting the clip I scrubbed and splitted.
Everything seems ok until I press ctrl+enter. I even confirmed the from and through time by pressing f7 and f8. They move to where they are supposed to move.
Here comes the problem. When I press ctrl+enter, it selects everything from the beginning to end of the song though. It's supposed to select only the from and through time that I selected.

2. Meter
When I arm or unarm a track, ct can't read the meter. I have to press ctrl+f2 once to show all the meters then ctrl+f2 twice to show only the peak meters. Then, ct works fine.
It's really annoying to do that every time you unarm or arm a track, and it takes pretty long time to complete those steps. I mean like 7 seconds or so, but 7 seconds everytime you arm or unarm would be ended up long time, especially if you have to pay those musicians.
Reporting meters as it changes works really good. Can we bring back the function where ct monitors all the track meters and tells me when a track clips?
It saves a lot of time when setting the levels. That was really cool function that I missed. I was hoping for ct5.2 to bring it back.

Overall, it's great! I might stick with this one for a while. It's very stable and fast.
At least, the bugs are consistent. It's not like it sometimes works, and it sometimes doesn't, which drives me even worse.
Bugs that are consistent far better than the ones are not. At least I know what to expect every time.
I assume David probably moved on to Sonar 6, but can anyone from the beta team inform david about those bugs to make sure he fixes them in sonar 6?
Lastly, Is there an application to get in the beta team, or is it invite only? I'd love to work as a beta tester.
I'll continue to report as I find more stuff!

Chi
----- Original Message ----- From: "William R. McCann" <BillList1@xxxxxxxxxxx>