[ddots-l] Re: Question abou t pre amps

  • From: Sandy Licht <slicht@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: ddots-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, ddots-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 30 Sep 2006 19:34:31 -0500

We don't all use separate mixers in Sonar.  I don't.

At 05:45 PM 9/29/2006, Omar Binno wrote:
Hello:

Since we all use an external mixer with our computer when recording with Sonar; does anyone on here also use a separate pre amp, or are the ones in the mixer enough if we're using a high quality mixer? Is a separate pre amp really necessary, especially to make vocals or kick drums sound fatter, as in the case of hip hop? I'd really appreciate anyone's feedback on this before I invest in a separate pre amp.

Thanks.

Omar Binno
Checked by AVG Free Edition.