[ddots-l] Re: Question About Jaws Script Writing

  • From: D!J!X! <megamansuperior@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <ddots-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 9 Oct 2011 00:02:00 -0400

Hi, to get started, I suggest you open up reason, and open up the script
manager from there; it'll be much easier, and the script manager has many
features to help along with scripting, such as function insert lists,
compilation and syntax revision, keyboard shortcut assignments etc.
I would also recommend reading the scripting tutorials jaws use to or still
offers on the help menu, if not poke around on the fs site for them; it
might be in the basics of scripting manual now...
There's also the FSDN (freedomScientific developer network), not to be
confused with MSDN (Microsoft Developer Network), hmm wonder why microsoft
didn't sue? Names resemble so Closely :). But anyways, check this stuff out
before you get started...
I unfortunately can't mess around with the new reason for now, I installed
it on my system, and it cause all sorts of instabilities (constant audio
drop outs and stutters), it never happened before installing it. I had to
uninstall it and my problems went away, though it left a boatload of crap
behind, including some code meeter application that it uses as
antipiracy/protection, but there was no way to remove it other than manually
deleting files, stopping services and cleaning the registry. I've got some
crucial projects going on at the moment, so can't risk my system being down
or unstable. Mind you, this system is running an Intel dualCore at 3.0ghz,
with 8gb of ram, nothing else has given me issues on this system, so like I
said before, don't feel like messing around with it, not worth the trade
off...
But more power to you guys, and if i can help with anything scripting wise,
I'll give it my best shot, as long as it doesn't involve installing the darn
thing again lol.

HTH D!J!X!

  _____