[ddots-l] Re: Problems Sustaining Notes

  • From: "Bill McCann" <billlist1@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <ddots-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 11 Oct 2006 01:47:48 -0400

> There was a thread a little
> while ago about using the QWERTY keyboard as a note input device - does
> anybody have the details, please?

As far as I know, SONAR's Step Record feature only permits you to set up the
rhythmic value before you play a note or notes on your MIDI keyboard.  For
example, q for quarter, h for half note, etc.  On the other hand, you can
enter both rhythms and pitches using the Lime notation editor that comes
with GOODFEEL or Lime Aloud.  You can also do so using Sibelius with
Sibelius Speaking.  See www.DancingDots.com for more information.

Bill

P. S.  Cakewalk used to ship a program called (I *think*) Virtual Keyboard
with Cakewalk Pro Audio.  It ran as a separate application to which you had
to ALT+TAB to use and the ALT+TAB backk to Cakewalk.  Not elegant but it
worked.