[ddots-l] Re: Pitch correction using MIDI?

  • From: Bryan Smart <bryansmart@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "ddots-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <ddots-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 13 Sep 2013 14:36:34 -0400

V-Vocal does not work with MIDI.

V-Vocal is an editor for vocals or other monophonic (single note at a time)
audio. You can load a piece of audio in to it, such as a sung phrase, and edit
individual notes in the phrase. You can change the pitch of any note, create
scoops or glides, add or remove vibrato, and others. It is more like Melodyne
than Auto-Tune. It has an automatic pitch correction feature that forces all
notes in a phrase to snap to a scale, similarly to Auto-Tune, but it is mainly
intended for editing individual notes.

If you have a singer that can barely sing on key, then put them through
Auto-Tune. If you have a mostly great vocal take, but you want to fix a few bad
notes here and there, then use V-Vocal.

CakeTalking's tutorial explains how V-Vocal works, and how to operate it with
CakeTalking.

Bryan