[ddots-l] Re: Passive Monitors?

  • From: "Dan Haley" <djhaley@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <ddots-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 21 Oct 2010 13:02:20 -0700

Does anyone make a talking tuner?

-----Original Message-----
From: ddots-l-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:ddots-l-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx] On
Behalf Of Mike Christer
Sent: Thursday, October 21, 2010 12:36 PM
To: ddots-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [ddots-l] Re: Passive Monitors?

I'm not familiar with The A E speakers, so I can't comment, as for the
NS10m's, I use them all the time, in fact, I haven't used the PMC's in 4
years...

The old adage was, that if you can make something sound good on NS10's,
it'll sound good on anything!

I think I've probably done more recording in the last 30 years on NS10's
than anything else!

Mind you, it was never a good idea to monitor too loud, they could be very
tiring, but I reckon, as a rule, one should never playback at hi-levels,
regardless of the genre, or monitors being used...
It just flattens your lugz!

l8r

mike