[ddots-l] Opening OMF In Sonar 8 Producer

  • From: "Steven Jeffrey" <shjeffrey@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <ddots-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 5 Jul 2009 15:12:44 -0400

Hello,

I'm having trouble opening a .omf file in Sonar 8 Producer. The file was
created in Logic on a Mac, and when trying to open it, I'm getting the message,
"This file is not compatible with this version of Sonar."

I can export the audio from Sonar as .omf, and have it opened fine in Logic,
but can't get it to work the other way.

Anyone have any experiences with moving projects from Logic to Sonar?

I'm well aware that the audio can be exported from Logic to Sonar as .wave and
imported into Sonar just fine track by track, but it would also be nice to move
the entire project's audio  back and fourth during the writing process in a
long-distance collaboration.

Thanks for any input.

Steve