[ddots-l] OT: Tips on deadening a room?

  • From: "Cameron" <cameron@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <ddots-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 21 Sep 2010 01:31:14 -0400

Hello everyone.  I moved into a bigger place in early September and now have
a dedicated studio/teaching room.  I am looking for tips on cost effective
sound treatment.  It's a very lively room, square shaped with two medium
sized windows and hardwood floor.

I need suggestions that are non destructive as I am renting.  So, I can't do
any drilling etc.

I may start by getting a large floor rug and some foam bass traps.  I know
real traps and orilex make room treatment kits but they cost a pretty penny.

Any recommendations would be greatly appreciated!  Maybe I could buy stuff
at home depo or lows and cut it up...  but what to use for adhesive?

Thanks,

Cameron.