[ddots-l] Numeric keypad woes

  • From: Christopher Bartlett <cwbtt@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: ddots-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 16 Jun 2005 21:51:11 -0700

Hi. I'm attempting to learn Sonar with CakeTalking 4.0. Right now, I'm having trouble getting past the column and track select skip keys. I'm using a laptop with no numeric keypad.

I understand that Dancing Dots recommends that we use external standard keyboards, but I don't currently own one and don't really want to buy one if there's a work-around. I'm trying to gain access to the functionality of the column and track select keys (shift+numpad keys and ctrl+num row keys respectively) as well as the value change keys.

I heard that holding down the key between the ctrl and windows key, while using the J K L, U I O etc , would simulate the num pad. Within Sonar though, this doesn't appear to work, as using modifier keys (shift, ctrl etc) with this key combination appears to execute the sonar function associated with the num row across the top of the keyboard.

Are there any work-arounds for this problem that don't involve me spending more money?

        Chris Bartlett