[ddots-l] Mixing and Mastering With Waves package (trouble loading into sonar)

  • From: Chris Smart <csmart8@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: midimag@xxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 16 Sep 2011 12:27:13 -0400

Hi folks.

I have this book and accompanying audio. Basically, several tracks in various music styles, with accompanying waves presets and project files for the popular DAW applications including Sonar. It's a more interactive way to learn some of the Waves plug-ins, using actual songs.

Here's my problem. I can load one of the projects into Sonar and sonar finds and loads all the audio. But, it can't find the various plug-ins. This is strange, since I am a paid user of the Waves Gold bundle, among other things, and I have every plug-in mentioned in the book or referenced in the sonar project. They're all installed and show up when I go to manually insert an effect.

Every effect it is looking for is on my system already, bought and paid for. Ren EQ, C1, Q10 etc. and yet, I get a missing plug-ins warning from Sonar.

I don't see an option to find the required plug-ins.
Is there a way I can correct this problem on project load that is relatively automatic? I don't want to try to rebuild everything from scratch if I can help it.

thanks for any suggestions,

Chris