[ddots-l] Midi Control Surface REcommendations

  • From: "Darren H" <darren@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Dancing Dots List" <ddots-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 30 Apr 2008 08:25:37 +0100

Hi all

I'm after a midi control surface so that I can both edit midi controllers for
soft synths and my Yamaha Tyros II.

I'm also after one that would double as a mixing controller.

I've had a couple of models recommended to me, but I know nothing about this
area so I'd appreciate some guidance.

The two products that have been recommended to me are...

M-Music Evolution UC33
CME Bitstream

Reading the blerb they both sound very good, the Bitstream seemingly a little
more tricky to set up, but infinitely more versitile.

I don't need a controler keyboard as I like to use my tyros for the actual
performance.

Thanks in advance for your assistance.

Darren H
www.bigmixentertainment.co.uk