[ddots-l] Jaws 13 and CakeTalking Bug

  • From: Chris Smart <csmart8@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: ddots-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 17 Sep 2011 13:55:01 -0400

Just in case anyone else is testing the latest CakeTalking, Sonar 8.5 x64 and Jaws 13 Beta, I've come across the following oddity.

Whenever I edit a track or bus's name field, and hit ENTEr again to close the Edit field, Jaws says the word "edit" and the midsection arrow keys become completely unresponsive.

Hitting JawsKey+numpad 8 to read the current line gives me the track or bus's number and name, but Jaws is otherwise unresponsive. I have to alt+tab out and then back into Sonar to restore full functionality.

Given the limited support of Sonar by Freedom Scientific, should I bother filling out the beta bug report form?

Chris