[ddots-l] Installing Sibelius Speaking and Older CakeTalking Versions in Differe nt Locales

  • From: "albertm13@xxxxxxxx" <albertm13@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: ddots-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 3 Mar 2008 23:52:39 GMT

Hi,
If the installer for Sibelius Speaking or older versions of CakeTalking (CT 4
and earlier) incorrectly complains about your Color scheme being wrong because
your color scheme name isn't recognized you should try changing your language
under Regional Options in Regional and Language Options and then try the
installer again.  I'm pretty sure this happens if your Windows is really for
one language and you have it set to another language.  For instance, a recent
customer's Windows had all the text in Turkish but his Regional Options were
set to English.
If we knew about your locale when the installer was written then you should be
OK as long as your languages agree.  If we didn't know about your locale then
you'll proabably need to go confirm that your settings are correct and you'll
be asked for a password.  The password is 6732.  The password helped us collect
locale info but we don' t need it anymore.
Here are some more specific directions for changing your language:
* Open Control Panel
* Open Regional and Language Options
* In the first tab (Regional Options) change the language to match the language
that your Windows uses for all its text.  You could also try anything if your
correct language doesn't even work.  The language is the top-most control in
the tab.
* Tab to Apply and then to OK.
* Try the installer again.
* You can put the language back after running the installer but you'll need to
ignore any errors about your locale being incorrect.  This also means you'll
have to be extra careful to make sure all you settings really are correct.
Albert

Boost your business with a small business loan. Click now!
http://thirdpartyoffers.juno.com/TGL2111/fc/Ioyw6iigEfXjRWscTizLKjssxxtDV69pLWZHWXkDeM8H270TPhMGvR/