[ddots-l] Humor?

  • From: "Dave Carlson" <dgcarlson@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "ddots List" <ddots-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 13 Jul 2005 16:41:36 -0700

ho ho ho hee hee hee heee ha ha ha hoot hoot chuckle chuckle chortle chortle
guffaw guffaw chocke choke teehee teehee heh heh hoo hoo yowl yowl ah ah
etc. etc. etc.

I guess my point is what's the reason for putting in laugh tracks in
messages? So far I've not been enlightened by the addition of these little
sound-lets. Are they intended to replace the old *grin* or :-) to indicate
mirth? They must require some time to type in, as some have pretty
interesting patterns. Perhaps someone should collect different versions and
post them to a list somewhere that deals in humor items.

If this sounds mean-spirited, it's not intended that way. I for one like to
read the messages for content and don't need a laugh track to understand
humor.

Dave Carlson

the only person amused