[ddots-l] Garritan Personal Orchestra and Jazz/Big Band -- officially impressed

  • From: "Darren H" <home@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <ddots-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 23 Sep 2010 09:36:17 +0100

Hi folks.

OK< I've downloaded all the Personal Orchestra and jazz/Big Band demos.

I'm pretty impressed actually.

I think with the Jazz/Big Band, they should've concentrated more on brass
sections as some of the solo instruments sound like samples both in the way
they're played and how they sound.

But when you put a brass section together, it's as good as anything I've
heard.

Similarly with the Personal Orchestra.  Who's bright idea was it to use
Flight of the Bumblebee as a demo?  It really made it sound like a cheap
keyboard..

Apart from those two little gripes, I like them both a lot, especially as
they are now accessible and reasonably inexpensive.

Hole in my credit card time I think.

Cheers
Darren
www.karmistry.com/