[ddots-l] Re: FW1884 Not Responding...Recently Installed Sonar7

  • From: "Phil Muir" <ddots@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <ddots-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 5 May 2008 11:41:02 +0100

You probably have set-up an Alt or Control and letter keystroke to start-up
Sonar.  not releasing the keystroke quickly enough will cause the message your
describing to happen, as alt or, control Enter, will cause Sonar to recopy all
of the data that it needs to run, such as templates etc.

Regarding your FW1884, you really haven't supplied enough information for any
of us to help you.  have you checked in the "Audio Options" dialog box? are all
of the FW1884 input and output audio drivers that you wish to use, checked in
the "audio Options" dialog box?  Have you reprofiled the FW1884 in the "audio
Options" dialog box?  Is the control surface on the FW1884 working?  Have you
enabled all of the FW1884 MIDI ports that you wish to use, including the FW1884
control port that the control surface needs to work in the "MIDI options"
dialog box?  Have you gone into the "control surfaces" dialog box and checked
that the FW1884's control surface has both the input and output MIDI ports, set
to the FW1884 control port?  Check all of that and read up on all of this in
Sonar's help system.  Then if you still can't get it going or, can tell us
exactly what the issue is, post back your findings.

Regards, Phil Muir

P J Muir Productions,
Music And Audio Production
Telephone: US (615) 713-2021