[ddots-l] FA66 users, please chime in

  • From: "Phil Halton" <philhalt@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "ddots-l" <ddots-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 15 Mar 2007 22:46:46 -0400

is anyone experiencing bad results when using the fa66 in asio mode with sample rate and bit depths other than 44.1khz at 16 bits? I have had some really bizarre problems ever since trying to record at 48khz 24 bits. I've stumped tech support with this problem and, on their advice, had to re-install CT several times. I've gone so far as to re-install the FA66 drivers, and sonar as well. I reset back to 44.1khz 16 bits but haven't yet tried it out(I can't take one more system crash tonight, so I'll try again tommorrow).

Everything worked fine until I changed recording bit depth and sample rate. Now I get total system lockup after recording about 8 bars of audio at any sample rate(48 or 44.1). The only thing that I've yet to try is recording back at 16 bits and I'm hoping thats the cure.

Could you please tell me what sample rate and bit depths you're using successfully?

The sample rate is on the general page of the audio options dialog, and the bit depths for recording, rendering, and importing are on the audio data page of the global options dialog. Also, tell me please the driver mode you are using(WDM or ASIO)This will help me in troubleshooting the problem.

Thanks from Phil(who'd rather be practicing, playing and recording his banjo than spending his days and nights chasing down computer glyches)