[ddots-l] Re: [Cross-posted]: Special Price on Upgrade to SONAR 4 Studio from Dancing Dots

  • From: "William R. McCann" <BillList1@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <ddots-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 20 May 2005 08:06:40 -0400

Hi, Phil,

Cakewalk has offered some special pricing on Producer in the past.  We'll
certainly pass along any sales which they announce.

Dancing Dots  sells upgrades by special arrangement in view of the kind of
support we provide to our customers which Cakewalk cannot.  In general,
Cakewalk doesn't allow their resellers to sell upgrades at all.  We do our
best to match their price.  That is, we never want to be selling an upgrade
for *more* than Cakewalk does.  But sometimes they have lowered their price
without letting us know because, as I said, they generally don't think about
notifying resellers of upgrade price changes since their resellers are not
typically permitted to offer upgrades.  Bottom line: if anyone sees an
upgrade price on Cakewalk's site that's lower than the one we're offering,
we'll match it.  Please note that this offer is not retroactive as it would
be very difficult to figure out who was selling what when.

Bill