[ddots-l] Re: Buss effects & track outputs

  • From: "Phil Halton" <philhalt@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <ddots-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 13 Mar 2007 11:23:55 -0400

Phil:
You really want to make sure that you are only feeding a wet signal into the bus. If you assign a send of a track to a bus that does not have an effect inserted on it, you certainly will increase the track's output and you wouldn't want to do this.

Wouldn't the tracks output be increased regardless of whether or not there is an effect on the buss? I mean, signal is signal whether wet or dry. This is what I'm getting at--the aggregate signal levels of tracks and their sends. When you add sends, are you also increasing total signal level at the master outputs?