[ddots-l] Re: Best Possible Soundcard for Audio Production

  • From: "EMcCullough" <emccullough1@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <ddots-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 24 Apr 2011 01:53:56 -0400

Is the software accessible with Jaws?

-----Original Message-----
From: ddots-l-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:ddots-l-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx] On
Behalf Of Chris Smart
Sent: Sunday, April 24, 2011 1:40 AM
To: ddots-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [ddots-l] Re: Best Possible Soundcard for Audio Production

At 01:31 AM 4/24/2011, you wrote:
>My budget is about $200. I'm looking for 4 in and 4 outs

Sounds like the Saffire Pro14 would be perfect.  Two combination
microphone and instrument input son the front, and two more inputs
on the back. Switchable phantom power, s/pdif in and out, and an
in/out pair of midi connectors.

There's a separate headphone jack on the front too, with its own
volume control.

It's powered by the Firewire interface, so unless you have an
underpowered firewire port for some reason, you won't even need the
included AC adapter.

Chris