[ddots-l] Re: BFD nightmare continues

  • From: "Phil Muir" <ddots@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <ddots-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 30 Sep 2007 21:10:16 +0100

Damon wrote: Phil. Haven't added to the hsc set yet. Still learning that. Also,
tried loading in a second set of toms, but the way they are mapped, they are so
far off
from the other toms that it is useless.

Phil replied: you did better than me.  Wasn't able to get a second set of toms
loaded at all.

Damon wrote: I have to go into the hit options now and tinker with that a bit.

Phil replied: is that where you map out the toms?

Damon wrote: I am going to come up with a custom keyboard
map for myself and when that is done, will try to pass it to you. It will be a
modified GM map that I'll work out. As for the options panel, again, I had to
have my sighted cousin do it.

Phil replied: You could make up a drum map for BfD.  That maybe easier.

Damon wrote: I will probably get hsc into the mix more once I get this other
crap sorted out. The minimum specs on their web site was
512mb of ram recommended 1gb and at least 1 ghz processor, which I have plenty
of. I installed everything to a separate drive. I have a feeling though that my
project in sonar, plus jaws, plus the bfd all plugin to get each drum on its
own track is just too much.

Phil replied: I think your right about that.

Damon wrote: Some friends of mine tell me that single core processors are not
going to cut it here, and now my search is on for something better. So, work
will probably not progress much until I get a scenario
where bfd and sonar will not crash out the whole system. I could probably try
the bfd groups plugin as opposed to the all plugin, but that means I have to
mix in the bfd interface more, and I'd rather not do that since with bfd all,
each drum has its own track and the pzm and room mics have theirs and I can mix
the project in sonar and process each drum the way I want.

Phil replied: yup, I would go with the "BFD All", plug-in as you also get snare
top and bottom mics which, you don't with the others.  Agree with you on the
mixing aspect of this too.  You really don't want to be doing that within the
BFD interface.

Damon wrote: GRRRR. OH well, back to guitar center today to see if I can work
out something.

Phil replied: let us know how you get on.

Regards, Phil Muir
P J Muir Productions
Music And Audio Production